Re: log archive question

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:28:34 +1100

Well bugger me with a fish fork.

OK, don't. But here goes anyway:

SQL> show parameter log_archive_max

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
log_archive_max_processes            integer     2

SQL> select isdefault from v$parameter
  2 where name like 'log_archive_max%';

ISDEFAULT

TRUE So Rick is quite right, the default's changed since 8i, when last I did battle with this one.

So you live and learn and make a mental note that this newsgroup is a precious resource, and however much you think you know about version X, there's always version X+1 to prove you wrong.

Thanks Rick.

However, are you *quite* sure that the extra processes aren't spawned automatically. Because that would (a) be a big step backwards in functionality and (b) contradict the latest 9i Release 2 Oracle courseware. Or maybe Oracle just realised that the auto-spawn-and-destroy mechanism never worked as advertised? (;-)

Regards