'drop extents'

From: Stephan van Hoof <test_at_test.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:01:23 +0100

Block size= 8kB

I deleted all records from a table with 14 extents, size 30Mb. I analyzed the schema (compute).
I inserted some records.

When I run:
SELECT (NUM_ROWS * AVG_ROW_LEN) bytes_used,

(BLOCKS - EMPTY_BLOCKS) block_used

FROM dba_tables

WHERE table_name = 'WHITELISTS';

The outcome is:

bytes_used=537030

block_used=3829

Am I right to conclude:

-There's still 3829*8kb=30Mb RESERVED space for the segement

-The new records will first fill up till all 14 extents are occupied and
after that will create a new next extend

Is there a way to 'drop the extents' (I know export-import will do, but maybe there's another way?)

Thanks

Stephan Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 04:01:23 CST