Re: Sizing SHARED_POOL_SIZE

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2003 00:07:55 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<jWmV9.25037$jM5.66064_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...
> Nice bit of SQL.
>
> But don't take the answer as gospel (nothing against Rauf here, it's just
> that all sorts of things conspire to affect the appropriate size for the
> Shared Pool, not just the average number of concurrent users). But as a
> starting point, this is OK.
>
> Regards
> HJR
Howard,

Hmmm... I thought you were going to use it to size your production shared pool -:)

Yes I agree with you that it definitely is not gospel and other factors should be considered, specially when sizing production. I have had this script in my archive for a while and couldn't resist posting it after reading the subject. I do however use it once in while by running it at different times of a day just to get an average shared pool requirement as it relates to fluctuating number of concurrent users.

I guess it would be a "DBA state of nirvana" if one can perfectly size all init.ora parameters by just running one script!!!

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 02:07:55 CST