Re: Oracle 9.2 RAC on Red Hat AS 2.1 setup question

From: Jeremy Smith <alceste_at_xmission.xmission.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:45:18 +0000 (UTC)

>> Basically I wanna setup on 2 Red Hat AS 2.1 machines. But since I
>> don't have shared sub disk system. Can I use one machine's disk as
>> shared disk system? If yes, how many NICs are needed in both machines?

> If you don't have any shared disk subsystem, you can also try Linux
> Network Block Devices (http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kripac/orac-nbd/ describes
> our solution).

How much luck (if any) have people had with the shared disk on firewire drives that Oracle touts on its website? I'm going to be trying in the next couple of weeks here (hopefully, if the machines arrive) but I'd be interested to hear of any success stories.

For those unfamiliar, it's a bargain-basement way of having a shared disk subsystem: two firewire cards, and an IDE drive in an external enclosure, and wallah! shared disk.

Jer Smith Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 01:45:18 CST