Re: Applications 11i newbie DBA question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:52:40 -0800

BobGie wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm an Oracle DBA and have 3 yrs working experience.
> 1.) Is being an Oracle Applications DBA different with the current role
> that I do ?
> 2.) Where can I get more reference materials, books or websites, regarding
> installation, configurations and adminstration, on being an Apps DBA?
> 3.) Is an Oracle Application DBA has a higher pay than a regular Oracle
> DBA?
>
> With regards to books, I would appreciate it also if you can specify the
> name of your recommended book and its author.
>
> Thanks.
>
> JF

In my experience it is a very different role requiring different skills and different knowledge.

I'd suggest you start at http://docs.oracle.com and perhaps purchase a copy of one or more of the apps so that you can play with it and spend countless hours with the support documentation.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Jan 15 2003 - 16:52:40 CST