Re: how do I stop nmi.log from growing?

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:11:04 GMT

Taken from Oracle Intelligent Agent User's Guide:

Example of modifications of the snmp_rw.ora file:

NMI.TRACE_LEVEL = (OFF | USER | ADMIN | 16 ) ...The log file, $ORACLE_HOME/network/log/nmi.log, is written by the Agent on every startup, even if tracing is not turned on. It contains the name and version of the Agent and the name and location of the Agent's configuration files. If tracing is turned on, it also contains problems encountered with the database and listener connections.

In order to delete or shrink the file you need to stop the agent first (at least on a windows platform).

Bye,
Flavio