Re: redo log placement question

From: Svend Jensen <svend.jensen_at_it.dk>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:56:05 +0100

Even OLAP must load data now and then to be updated, or am I wrong? Data load generate redo.

Redologs are continuous files being written to, in oltp it is mostly very often and very small writes. DW and OLAP is typicaly bigger writes occuring less often.

But it is easy to move (=> create new redolog file, remove old one), so I suggest you do a little test on your system. Gives best advice. Run a significant test with redolog on raid5, move redolog to raid1 and retest.
Select best fit.

/Svend