Re: Strange behavior with SQLPLUS (Oracle)

From: Roger Redford <dba_222_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2003 08:01:24 -0800

Thanks for responding.

I did know about formatting, and this does work. But it's double the work to format each column every time you run a query.

Even using substr(field, 1, 10) should only return the number of characters specified. Currently, even using substr returns an entire line, no matter how long the line is.

Does anyone know how to make it work normally?