Re: Trigger Creation

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:02:20 +0200

Radu Pirvu wrote:

> Quite colourful answer Billy! :)

Yeah. Unfortunately around here when the stuff hits the fan, the first re-action is too push someone in front of it instead of trying too turn the fan off.

Inherited a database with auditing enabled. The reason? A table was "mysteriously" dropped. So auditing was enabled by the previous dba.

Of course, never crossed their minds that the security was so friggen screwed (and still is), that auditing will not prevent a similar occurance in future. BTW, I disabled auditing. And I still continually bitch about the piss poor security model that was implemented.

I hate the blame game. I'm paid to solve problems. Not to serve the pitchforks and torches brigade and their perverted lust to sink their daggers into a colleague's back.

--
Billy