Export size of whole database

From: Slava Pechenin <s_at_p.na>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:02:32 +0200

There is a question on the way of upgrading from 8.0.4 to 8.1.7 (NT platform).

I choose export/import method of migrating existing data. At first I tried the simplest method - Migrate Assistent when installing. The result is not satisfying: 2 Oracles in 2 homes, some files from here, some from there, NT services from both... It is very confusing!

The question is about export dump size. The document "Oracle8i - Utilities Release 8.0 - December 1997- Part No. A58244-01" says the size can be predetermined by

select sum(bytes) from user_segments where segment_type='TABLE'

This outputs as "93Mb".

When I ran:

exp80.exe system/manager full=Y file=dba.dmp grants=Y rows=Y

I got the .dmp file of 13Mb.

Is it OK? Received on Wed Jan 15 2003 - 04:02:32 CST