Re: Trigger Creation

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:08:06 +0200

Radu Pirvu wrote:

> Is it possible to find out which OS user (not Oracle user) created a
> certain DB trigger?

Kneejerk reaction is that trying to nail someone instead of solving the problem, is typical of the head-up-arse attitude of a lot of so-called professionals and managers.

Assuming of course that the reason you want the osuser is because someone made a boo-boo with the trigger, and you want to know from which machine the trigger def was done. (if not please feel free to ignore me and my rant)

Ranting along the same lines... what ever happened to change control? What about Q&A? What about security?

> If yes, could you instruct me how, or what data dictionary tables or views
> should I use?

The answer is a resounding no. Why should the data dictionary carry audit data? If osuser, why not IP address too? But then, IP can be spoofed. So what about a Mac address? Oops, but I can go and create raw packets on Linux and spoof the Mac address too.. What now?

If auditing of the creation of db objects is what you want to play policeman with a big stick, then auditing is what you should enable.

--
Billy