Re: Create Oracle instance in UNIX

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:38:49 -0800

Siva wrote:

> Hi,
> I am in the process of exploring Oracle on UNIX and I would like to
> know if anyone has a working script that will create an Oracle
> 8.1.6/8.1.7 instance on a UNIX Solaris machine?
> Thanks,
> Siva

Howard's given you a good shot at this one but I find more ambiguity in your posting than information.

Do you have the CDs? Why 8.1.6? It is desupported and will be followed at the end of this year by 8.1.7 too. Why not 9.2? Not to mention that 8.1.6 was not one of Oracle's proudest achievements.

But seriously I would need ot know more about what you have in hardware, operating system, etc. to comment other than to say that in order to avoid having someone help you through the ORA-03113 error message and other problems you should look on the CD and read the installation readme file completely before beginning any installation. Those that don't do so and/or don't follow the directions explicitly are doomed to come back here, ask more questions, and be told to RTFM.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Jan 14 2003 - 15:38:49 CST