Re: What is the work attire of an Oracle DBA?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:22:22 +1000

"Mr Clean08" <mrclean08_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:20030110024900.01906.00000081_at_mb-mm.aol.com...
> What is the work attire of an Oracle DBA? Is it shirt/tie? Or is it
business
> casual?

Hi Mr Clean,

An excellent question. I wish more people would ask these type of hard hitting, essentially important queries. I can only speak for myself but here's what I usually wear at work:

Monday: Like to start the week looking hip. You know, tight leather pants, brightly coloured shirt with most of the buttons undone showing off my collection of gold chains, platform shoes, hair sleeked back, dark shades ...

Tuesday: Usually have a number of meeting so I need to look quite professional. Usually go for the cream safari suit, brown walking boots with woollen socks, hair a bit ruffled and loose

Wednesday: Cross dress day wearing one of my assortment of floral dresses or skirts. Favourite is the mini mini skirt, black lined tights, off the shoulder blouse (showing off plenty of cleavage), high heeled shoes with hair neatly tied back.

Thursday: Let it all hang out day. If the weather's nice and hot, my hot pink t-string with a straw hat and that's about it.

Friday: Casual day. Ripped pair of jeans, David Bowie Serious Moonlight t-shirt, sneakers.

All pretty ordinary and typical of most DBAs I know but conservative is my middle name ...

Cheers

Richard Received on Tue Jan 14 2003 - 08:22:22 CST