decreasing initial extent

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:27:31 +0100

Hi,

System= 8.1.7.4

How do I decrease the size of the initial extent in a table that contains no rows?

I have a largish (test)database. I want to make a full export that shall be imported into a small database for test purposes. The small database cannot allocate space for some initial extents on import. The large database contains some tables with large initial extents, but since I dont need the data in them I have truncated these tables. I have also done "alter table deallcate xxx unused". The export however still contains create table statements with large initial extents for these empty tables. There is one locally managed tablespace using atuoallocate.

I dont want to precreate the tables before import. I need to make an export that can be used by others.

TIA
Peter Laursen
(email not valid) Received on Tue Jan 14 2003 - 05:27:31 CST