Re: Statistics for comp.databases.oracle.server - WE 12/1/2003

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2003 22:51:26 -0600

Daniel,

Since it sounds like you are listening to posting critiques, I'd like to offer one that the statistics shed some light on. Could you try to snip the cited text down to the particular thought you are responding to? There are many times when I'll page through 2-4 pages of text to get to the bottom and find that you'll have added, "I agree", or "I'm not sure.", or "writers don't block readers", or some other small amount of "original text".

Its not a huge issue for me while reading because I'm able to tell my newsreader to collapse the cited text down to a [+], but what I find it causes pains with is google searching. It is to the point that when I search the c.d.o.* groups (and I do it all day) if I see Daniel Morgan's name beside a post, I don't even click it because I have to first click your post, then click the "Read the rest of this message... " url and then scroll through that entire article to see if your post _might_ be offering the info I'm looking for.

--
Galen deForest Boyer