Re: What is the work attire of an Oracle DBA?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2003 16:49:27 -0800

mrclean08_at_aol.com (Mr Clean08) wrote in message news:<20030110024900.01906.00000081_at_mb-mm.aol.com>...
> What is the work attire of an Oracle DBA? Is it shirt/tie? Or is it business
> casual?

It depends entirely on the site, and subserviently on whether the site has different expectations for strangers waltzing in viz., employees, viz., customers. For example, I've had to be the only one on a large site wearing a monkey suit due to contractor's (my then-employer's) rules, and hence been treated as though I'm someone important there by employees (eg, "I'm sorry sir, you can't park in that reserved space, but if you have your secretary call the security office we can arrange something for you." My secretary! Wheez, snort, chortle!) Most every place I've been has been business casual, although my view could probably use an ANALYSE due to slanted data. I have seen places like banks and insurance companies that seem to require it, but that could just be because they were interviewing... not that they'd ever hire me... I have known people who revel in dressing like bikers or deadheads in such places...

Why do you ask?

jg

--
@home is bogus.