Re: installing 9i on linux

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:25:09 -0800

Robert Lummert wrote:

> Hello NG,
>
> I try to install oracle 9i on Suse Linux 8.1.
> I managed to install "Enterprise Server" with the
> Oracle Installer. After adding a symbolic link
> pointing to the correct jre it completed installation.
> But now I'm stuck again.
> dbstart throws "TNS: could not resolve service name"
> but then states to warmstart the db.
> sqlplus (scott/tiger) also states "TNS: could not
> resolve service name" and stops working.
> trying to define a correct service with netmgr i get
> the message "could not locate java runtime".
> What can i do? TIA
>
> Robert

Did you set the environment variables per the installation instructions into .profile?
Have you verified that the listener is started? Have you looked at the sqlnet.ora file?
Have you looked at the tnsnames.ora file?

What did you see?

And to help you we must have the ORA-##### error message, the complete error message text, and which version of 9i.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jan 13 2003 - 17:25:09 CST