Re: Select Intermittently Returning Incorrect Number of Rows

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:19:58 -0800

Steve wrote:

> Hi all, I'm hoping somebody can help me with this or give me a pointer
> in the right direction. I am running 8.1.7.4 Standard Edition,
> occasionally a select returns the incorrect amount of rows, the same
> string executed immediately after is invariably correct. Even a
> select count followed by a select can occasionaly return a different
> number of rows.
>
> This is really giving some headaches, I have a TAR open with Oracle
> but I though I would check here first. Thanks for reading
>
> -Steve156
>
> Steve
> www.chollie.com
> UKMG/MRBPF!C!H?S E4A1 GAS+/-- C= P+ G- B-- R- M= S= r+

You have provided insuffiicient information from which to formulate a response.

Is this an Oracle system with only a single user? Is it possible that anyone else, or any process, might be inserting, updating, or deleting?

Finally ... post your SQL statements. Without seeing those it could be any number of things.

The one thing I am confident it is NOT is Oracle doing it entirely on its own.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jan 13 2003 - 17:19:58 CST