installing 9i on linux

From: Robert Lummert <___nospam__no__no_lummert_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:33:24 +0100

Hello NG,

I try to install oracle 9i on Suse Linux 8.1. I managed to install "Enterprise Server" with the Oracle Installer. After adding a symbolic link pointing to the correct jre it completed installation. But now I'm stuck again.
dbstart throws "TNS: could not resolve service name" but then states to warmstart the db.
sqlplus (scott/tiger) also states "TNS: could not resolve service name" and stops working. trying to define a correct service with netmgr i get the message "could not locate java runtime". What can i do? TIA

      Robert Received on Mon Jan 13 2003 - 15:33:24 CST