Re: Export from 9i and import to 8i

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 06:37:29 +1100

First: don't crosspost.
Second: take a trip to your 8i ORACLE_HOME/bin directory, and invoke exp from there. Connect to the 9i database by using a regular tnsnames alias. You are now running 8i export against the 9i database, meaning that you will end up producing an 8i dump file.

That will import into an 8i database without a problem.

The rule is: higher versions of export cannot be run against lower versions of the database. But it's not a problem to run the lower version of export against the higher version of the database.

Regards