Re: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:14:38 +0300

> This file works fine with 32-bit 8.1.7 Oracle
>
> However we have now installed 64-bit 9i (9.2.0.1) and we now get the error,
> using exactly the same .so file
>
> What is the problem?

You just answered yourself. :) 64-bit Oracle can't load a 32-bit shared library. Obviously, the problem is with that.
Now if you asked how do you fix it, the question would make a bit more sense. :) Afaik, you can't intermix 32-bit and 64-bit objects. This leaves you with only one option: rebuild the .so as 64-bit shared library. For this, you will need to compile and link on that box and make sure cc and ld got you right and generated 64-bit objects (which they usually do by default on 64-bit Solaris.) Of course, you always have an option of installing 32-bit Oracle on that box - this will solve your problem either. :)

Corrections and additions welcome.