Re: Statistics for comp.databases.oracle.server - WE 12/1/2003

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:11:24 +1100

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3E227215.487A1814_at_exesolutions.com...
> Mark Townsend wrote:

[huge snip]

> Interesting. Any chance you could separate original posters from
responders?

Then there wouldn't be much point in the statistics. How many people do you know who initiate more than, say, 1 thread every X months, and then only because they've got a particular problem with a database at work? If you separated the original posters out, that list would be full of complete unknowns, asking for one-off advice on a particular topic. Not terribly useful, I think.

What I've certainly got out of the statistics is the need to snip like mad in responses, and to watch the original post headers so I don't inadvertently cross-post (hint! hint!).

They're useful stats. just as they are, I feel.

Regards
HJR