ADDRESS_LIST, CONNECT_DATA in OCILogon

From: DP <dposey_at_mw-inc.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:37:26 -0700

I am porting an existing application to OCI. I have 200+ client computers. Since the existing app already has a way to retrieve settings off another server I am looking to bypass tnsnames.ora.

Of course I could just rewrite tnsnames before calling OCILogon, but I was hoping to be able to pass a key/value list or similar in the dbname parameter. Alternately, can OCILogon use environment variables for this?

DP Received on Sun Jan 12 2003 - 12:37:26 CST