Re: Oracle with LDAP on os/390

From: Wanderley <wces123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:12:34 GMT

Fleury Marcel wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm looking into the possibility of using Oracle with LDAP on our
> OS/390.
> Is anyone using this combination?
> I'd be most appreciative any feedback regarding how well this works,
> whether or not Oracle will support using LDAP on OS/390 instead of
> their OID.
>
> Thank's in advance.

I don't have any experience with your setup. But I can tell you this:

As official support goes, Oracle will only support OID or Microsoft's Active Directory

This is a shame since Oracle is always saying they support open standards. What's the point in supporting open standards if you don't support its implementations? Received on Sat Jan 11 2003 - 13:12:34 CST