Re: Stopping Oracle's Event Logging in Win2000

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2003 11:34:14 -0800

In article <PzGT9.20728$jM5.56917_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, "Howard says...

>[to continue!]
>
>Regardless of the fact that
>
>audit_sys_operations is FALSE
>audit_trail is NONE
>transaction_auditing is FALSE
>
>So, no, I don't know how to stop it recording to the event log either.
>
>Regards
>HJR

I believe this is the same as the audit files located under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit (typing from memory so the directory might be wrong). Any connection as SYS (which is what "/ as sysdba" basically does) is logged. The logging cannot be turned off.

Pete

>"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Ah. Obviously Sybrand hasn't dabbled in Windows for a while (and who can
>> blame him!).
>>
>> I *believe* that our original poster is referring to the Windows Event
>Log,
>> which fills up with a bazzillion entries like this:
>>
>> Audit trail: ACTION : 'CONNECT' DATABASE USER: '/' PRIVILEGE : SYSDBA
>CLIENT
>> USER: MOZART\Howard CLIENT TERMINAL: MOZART STATUS: 0 .
>>
>> That's just a regular connect; and since it's a bit difficult to 'resolve'
>> connection, I imagine he just wants those sorts of things turned off.
>>
>> Similarly, you get this sort of thing:
>>
>> Initializing PGA for process CKPT in instance oemrep.
>>
>> And it's a tad difficult to 'resolve' CKPT starting up, too!
>>
>> Incidentally, my event log fills up with these things on 9.2, regardless
>of
>> the fact that
>>

>> "Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message

>> > You can stop it by resolving the events being logged instead of
>> > fighting the symptoms. Oracle doesn't generate extraordinary
>> > eventlogging
>> >

>> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>> >
>> > To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Sat Jan 11 2003 - 13:34:14 CST