Re: Book, Mastering Oracle SQL

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:14:46 -0800

Galen Boyer wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, gregor.theis_at_ib-theis.de wrote:
> > Depends on were you look. You will find reviews at
> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0596001290
> > or
> > http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001290 (german text)
> >
> > I personally wrote a review at the German Amazon.de site and I
> > liked it very much. Especially because you can now get example
> > data from the O'Reilly Website.
>
> I just finished an interview with one of the co-authors for a
> PL/SQL contracting position I needed filled, Alan Beaulieu.
>
> I was just fishing for any comments that might have sprung from
> my sort-of innocent question.
>
> BTW, he seemed solid. Hope he isn't too expensive.
>
> --
> Galen Boyer

Cost per hour is never the issue. Cost per project is.

If he knows he stuff and does it correctly the first time avoiding costly efforts debugging, tuning, and rewriting that is what matters.

Don't worry about the price per hour. Set production expectations such that you feel you are getting what you paid for. And if you do get what you paid for you've no right to complain no matter what his rate.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jan 10 2003 - 23:14:46 CST