Simple trigger question

From: Kurt <bleichk_at_umsystem.edu>
Date: 10 Jan 2003 20:11:12 -0800

I'm real rusty with triggers..and I need one fairly quickly, so I would really appreaciate a bit of help.

All I need to do:

Upon insert or update of a row in a table, I need to check the value of one of the columns, and if it equals a certain value, then update one of the other columns and 'force' it to a certain value regardless of it's value in the insert the statement just issued. (the statement will provide a value for that column, but I need to make sure it gets forced to a particular value)

This is a temporary fix for an application bug.

Hope that makes sense,

Thanks! Received on Fri Jan 10 2003 - 22:11:12 CST