Re: What do these terms mean?

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:18:59 GMT

Sted Alana wrote:
> SAP
> ABAP
> AS 400 environment
> A/P
>
> Side note: what are informix dbms like? and why r they so popular?
>

> Regards
> Alana

Don't know, but you can find out a lot more about SAP and ABAP by visiting http://sap.ittoolbox.com/ than by asking a group of Oracle junkies.

Guess where the AS400 stuff is - yep, http://www.as400.ibm.com/. If you type http://www.informix.com/, you'll get redirected to an IBM site. That must tell you that their popularity went the way of the web site.

Whenever I see A/P I think of Accounts Payable, where cash flows out of your company. For the company where I work, Oracle has a corresponding general ledger entry called A/R. Received on Fri Jan 10 2003 - 11:18:59 CST