Re: Space management for Locally managed tablespaces

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:49:24 -0000

Hmm

on 8173 I get

SQL> ed
Wrote file afiedt.buf

  1 select s.tablespace_name,round(sum(s.bytes/(1024*1024*1024)),2) free_space_GB
  2 from dba_free_space s,dba_tablespaces t   3 where s.tablespace_name=t.tablespace_name   4 and t.extent_management='LOCAL'
  5* GROUP BY s.tablespace_name
SQL> /

TABLESPACE_NAME                FREE_SPACE_GB
------------------------------ -------------
AGRCOMPELLO                             1.99
AGRHISTR                                3.94
AGRHISTR4                               2.07
AGRINDEX                                1.66
AGRINDEX4                                2.2
AGRSTATIC                               3.86
AGRSTATIC4                               2.7
AGRTEMP                                 3.27
AGRTRANS                                3.86
AGRTRANS4                               1.29
LOB_DATA                                1.14
RBS                                     1.58
TOOLS                                    .23

13 rows selected.

The only thing that I can think *might* be different is that all of the above use uniform extent allocation, do your tablespaces use automatic extent allocation? I get a similar result on 9.2

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

> > Hi Simon,
> >
> > Forgive me if I've misunderstood the question ...
> >
> > Where to find free space => DBA_FREE_SPACE
> >
> > Where to find what has used what tablespace => DBA_SEGMENTS /
DBA_EXTENTS