Re: Any way to get the normal feedback messages into a variable ?

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:15:32 +0100

Jan Gelbrich wrote:
> Thank You for Your input, but %ROWCOUNT
> is not really what I mean, because (afaik) it can only be used in a cursor.

And that's exactly why Telemachus told you to use SQL%ROWCOUNT. If you don't have an explicit cursor, you always have SQL...

Example:

SQL> begin

1>  update svcent set bid=bid;
2>  dbms_output.put_line ('No of rows updated: ' || SQL%ROWCOUNT );
3> end;
4> /

No of rows updated: 13

PL/SQL-Prozedur wurde erfolgreich abgeschlossen.

Regards

Holger Received on Fri Jan 10 2003 - 03:15:32 CST