Re: basic oracle questions.

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 05:54:16 +1100

Profiles certainly have a "failed_login_attempts" limit which can be set to 2 for example.

However, it works by locking the user account after the second failure, not by barring the user having other attempts (though all such other attempts will fail, of course).

It is also possible to have Oracle automatically unlock the user account after a set period of time. Limit "account_lock_time" to "1/1440", for example, and the account will be locked for one minute before being automatically unlocked.

For the original poster, the full command would therefore look like:

create profile blah limit
failed_login_attempts 2
account_lock_time 1/1440;

alter user fred profile blah;