Re: Question to oracle products newest version?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:00:06 -0800

Eder Fred wrote:

> Hi!
>
> which products from oracle need I for the following wishes:
>
> I want daily make an import from my production database tables with odbc
> into oracle. On the following days should that import run automatically.
> Table rows should be deleted and filled automatically.
>
> which oracle product (tool) need I for that?
>
> I want then make a relational database with oracle - having the same
> relational structure as my production database.
>
> which oracle product (tool) need I for that?
>
> Then I want to build on this oracle database a datawarehouse. With cubes,
> dimensions.
>
> which oracle product (tool) need I for that?
>
> The client users should get a tool to browse my cubes
>
> which oracle product (tool) need I for my users ?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Danke

Oracle 9.2 standard edition will do everything you wish. But I would drop the ODBC thing and look at using SQL*Loader.

The only things ODBC will get you are bad performance, lousy stability, and a security hole big enough for a hacker to waltz through.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Jan 09 2003 - 11:00:06 CST