Re: using rman

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:16:27 -0500

There is a new book out on 9i RMAN from Oracle Press. Even though you are at 8i, reading the first three chapters of the book will give you a good RMAN overview. You'll learn the pros and cons (well, almost all are pros) of using RMAN, whether you should use a recovery catalog or not and how to set up your RMAN architecture - very important if client, server and catalog are not all exactly the same versions. The book also covers four or five media management packages in some detail, if you're using one.