Re: DROP TABLESPACE does not remove the .ora file

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_nospam_odbaguru.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:11:37 +1100

Gijo,

The drop tablespace command does not remove the underlying files. It is easy enough to generate a script to clean up after the tablespace drop by querying the dba_data_files view a UNIX version might look like this:

spool run_me_after_drop.sh
select 'rm '||file_name from dba_data_files where tablespace_name = 'tablespace to be dropped';
spool off

If you are using NT or W2K just substitute del for rm.

Kind Regards,

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle Administration
www.brainbench.com