problems creating database (suse 8.1 / orcl 9.2.0.1 )

From: Rene Scharf <Rene.ScharfNoSpam_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:38:20 +0100

Hello!

I'm a newbee on linux and my english isn't so good but i Hope someone can help me

My oracle installation on my Linux goes fine and the orcl-demo-Database was also running.

because i've installed many instances on Win-NT systemes i want to create my own database on the Linux system.

with the oracle-User i've done the following:

I've edit the listener.ora and started the lsnrctrl. It seemed to be OK

then on the console

ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/OraHome1
ORACLE_SID=cs2
export ORACLE_HOME
export ORACLE_SID

/home/oracle/OraHome1/bin/orapwd

file=/home/oracle/OraHome1/dbs/orapwdcs2.ora password=manager entries=5

this all seemed also OK
then

/home/oracle/OraHome1/bin/sqlplus /nolog
@/home/oracle/scripts/cs2/create/CS2run.sql

The lines of the Script which where processed:

connect/ as sysdba
startup nomount pfile="/home/oracle/OraHome1/dbs/initcs2.ora" .....

By the startup-line i get the following errors

ORA-00444: background process "PMON" failed while starting ORA-07446: sdnfy: bad value '' for parameter .

Is there anything missing in my procedure? The initcs2.ora is in a version which is running on a WIN-NT-System The File-pathes in the .ora are changed to the Linux-Pathes

so! I hope someone have a tip for me.

Greetings René Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 15:38:20 CST