Re: Why it doesn't start ?

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 21:46:19 +0100

On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:07:40 +0000, mz wrote:

> Hello guys, i've a question about oracle server!
> I've installed succesfully oracle 9i on my linux box (rh 8.0), in fact i've
> connected to server from my pc . After rebooted the linux box oracle doesn't
> start ! i've checked /etc/oratab and it's all ok. if i try to use dbstart i
> reecive this message :" ORA-12162: TNS:service name is incorrectly specified
> " . tnsnames.ora is correct . Why ???
> I've no idea !
>
> Thanx in advance
>
> Ian

Guess this is how people learn Oracle ;-(

Install, then fail.

You will need to run a tool (netca) to reconfigure some stuff.

If this is a first, do yourself a favour and try and name things like they have been named in the help files.

Or, as TurkBear said, see if there are obvious unbalanced parantheses in the file.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 14:46:19 CST