find physical blocks/disks, mapped from Oracle file# and block#, block corruption

From: lopera <prlopera_at_techie.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:29:04 +0100

Hi

I have some block corruption issues with one of our databases, it happened 4 times in last 1.5 months, I am not sure if the underlaying disk is bad, actually I am not even sure which can be the bad disk since we are in RAID 0+1. Does anyone know how to find which physical disk is the datafile located providing I have the file# and block#? Something like a mapping from Oracle to physical hardware. I would like to know if all four corruptions occurs in same disk

Also at Oracle level is there a way to tell weather we are facing logical block corruption or physical (media) corruption?

Thanks in advance Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 13:29:04 CST