Re: Intercepting Oracle traffic

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2003 11:16:12 -0800

i_sidorin_at_hotmail.com (Igor Sidorin) wrote in message news:<1b3cae17.0301070749.b70391d_at_posting.google.com>...
> Thanks! All this actually supports my feelings. But database triggers
> aside, what approach would you recommend? One thought I have is

Easy. Let your client talk to a web server, which takes user's input as SQL statement, examines it, and decides whether to pass it on verbatim to the backend Oracle. If your concern is not put too much load on the database, this is the way to go since the web server logic can have any arbitary control.

Yong Huang Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 13:16:12 CST