How to do this as a singleton select?

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 8 Jan 2003 10:21:05 -0800

I cant remember how to do this as one select statement.

SELECT TABLE_NAME
FROM USER_TAB_COLUMNS
WHERE TABLE_NAME = p_tableName(this is a variable passed in) and COLUMN_NAME = ... however, there are 4 column_names and all of them have to appear.

I know I can do it with 4 implicit cursors and just pass the results to the next, but how do I do it with a subquery?

SELECT column
into v_column
from table
where column = 'A'

select column
into v_column2
from table
where column = v_column

and so on...

I know its basic, but I cant remember how to do this. Went brain dead. Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 12:21:05 CST