Re: Command line utility for Oracle 8i/9i table creation on Solaris.[like osql.exe for MSSQL]

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:01:22 GMT

Gijo Varghese wrote:
> Is there any command line utility by which I can run a sql script for
> table creation?
>
> I have Oracle SID, Database Admin, Password as input.
>
> For example in MS SQL server on NT, we have a utility osql.exe
>
> osql.exe usename password server create_table.sql
>
> Is there any similar tools which is available for Oracle 8i/9i in
> Solaris?
>

> [I am not allowed to use Java/JDBC or similar things... I have use a
> command line
> tool]
>
> Thanks,
> Gijo.

Yes, sqlplus is the command-line tool. From you client you type the equivalent of your osql command:

sqlplus usename/password_at_server @create_table.sql

This will run create_table.sql - found on your local (client) machine - against the database defined as 'server' in your local tnsnames.ora file. Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 12:01:22 CST