Re: sql question if I may

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 16:04:49 GMT

I think that you are going to have to write a plsql script to update the rq_desc values via a loop, I tried to do what you are trying in a test db I have and could not.

I don't think that there is a way to do this in SQL alone, but I'm sure more knowledgeable posters on the group will correct me if I'm wrong. There may be a way if it is a one to one relationship between the tables in question, but I'm not sure what it is. (but I am curious now!)

Perhaps if I have time later today I'll try again.

hth

Glen