Re: What's best - to resize datafiles or add new ones?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:25:53 -0000

"Richard Stanton" <richardpstanton_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:87bc8a5f.0301080606.34a8ed1f_at_posting.google.com...
> Thanks for that.
>
> I have checked the table in question and it does have pctincrease set
> to %50. Is this the default?

Yes it is. IMO Its a toss up wether this or compress=y for the export utility is the more stupid default.

> Is it advisable/possible to adjust this
> after the table has been created?

Yes it is possible (and I would say advisable)

ALTER TABLE BLAH STORAGE (NEXT 1M PCTINCREASE 0); should modify both the next extent size and set pctincrease to zero.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA