Re: sql question if I may

From: Jerry D <jdubuke_at_notme.gpdservices.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 07:35:11 -0500

Hi Roman,

It is possible for me to have this recordset, but the qualifier of "where rq_imkey in ..." would return only one of those rows.

A little background. PS is a product structure table. PS_CPKEY is a child part and PK_IMKEY is a parent part. I could use the same lower level screw in 2 differing parents, so the answer is yes. The RQ table is a table of requirements containing manufacturing info, such as date reqd, qty, etc for each item. So once I tie in the RQ table, I would get one and only one resulting row from the inner select for each record in the outer select.

What I need to do is to update the description field in the RQ table with the actual parent part from the PS table.

Since this is a one-time occurrence, I *could* just use a PL script to get an array of items I would be interested in, and do it as a multiple-pass update to the RQ table, but - being inquisitive - I wanted to see if there was a single SQL that could do it.

Hope this clears things up.