dbms_jobs versus cron

From: Hanne Iren Midttun <hannem_at_tihlde.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:03:50 +0100

Hi,
from another thread (Oracle stored procedures vs Running from a flat .sql file), I saw that it was stated that dbms_jobs was better then cron.

I have only runned dbms_jobs on 7.3.4 AIX (I think it was the right version, it's been a while), and on that version cron was far better. (ie the dbms_jobs did not run at all and so on) I was really sorry to migrate to cron because moving a database from one machine to another was really a lot of work - I allways forgot a script, a directory, some rights on the filesystem and so on.

Now I am running 8.1.7.4, AIX and thinking of migrating to 9i. does somebody have any experience with dbms_jobs on this versions?

regards Hanne Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 02:03:50 CST