Re: Oracle and Java. Does Oracle know something some of us don't?

From: Simon Lenn <simonlenn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2003 22:12:57 -0800

I agree with Galen.

I do not understand all this fuss about people jumping about Java. Look at Oracle's JSQL (Java SQL) it is Oracle proprietary how about Oracle OC4J it is proprietary.

Use JSQL and OC4J your dream of running Java on another database is just not possible your code is unportable. Apart from Oracle I do not know any other vendor support Java based database development not sure how well DB2 supports Java stored procedure.

Guys whoever thinks Java is the way to go go ahead and use Java perhaps in 3 years you will not have a job. I am serious. Look at Sun's stock price if Java was something so exotic why is Sun not making a cent from Java. They are earning on servers and spending on Java and also spending on law suits sueing MS. The only money they are making is from the awards they have won from those law suits. If you think I am wrong watch next 3 years where Java will be. Already MS is offering the C# SDK for free download. I will leave it to time to decide future of Java.

Simon