Problem with Linux client daemon connecting on bootup

From: Will Hatcher <google_at_willhatcher.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2003 16:17:44 -0800

Hello.

I have a Linux daemon I wrote that connects to an Oracle database using Oracle client 8.1.7.

The daemon connects fine when I run it from a shell, either as root or as a regular user. The rc script I wrote to start it also works fine.

The problem is, on bootup, the database connection fails. Everything else works, and the daemon runs, but the database connection simply fails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Will Received on Tue Jan 07 2003 - 18:17:44 CST