Re: portability

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 20:38:12 GMT

Frank wrote:
> Karsten Farrell wrote:
> <snip>
>

>> And HTML is so non-portable between web browsers as to be a joke. And
>> lots of Java code has to be rewritten every time a new JDK comes out.
>> And MS C++ with MFC is not portable to a Borland IDE. And in the old
>> days I had to rewrite all my Sperry-Univac Fortran routines to make
>> them run on CDC.

> Whoooo! HTML is standard, M$ and Netscape choose to create
> browsers that did not abide the standard.
>
> Frank

Exactly! Which is why I said "*between* web browsers". But let's not forget the other web browser players as well. How many times have you seen links especially for AOL users? Personally, I use Mozilla ... but it's a relatively new kid on the block ... so it didn't have to try to keep up with the changing standards of HTML (could start with HTML 4). Received on Tue Jan 07 2003 - 14:38:12 CST