Re: Connecting to Oracle 8.0.4 Database using 8.1.7 client

From: MPW <azr8rsfan_at_coxNOT.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 17:16:27 GMT

Version 8.1.7 is a fairly seamless and a reasonable upgrade from 8.0.4. If you want "clean"....I'd suggest moving DB version and client up to 8.1.7. All the readings and communication I've had with folks point to maintaining DB and client at same level if possible. I've had no issues with using a lesser client version with higher DB version (example: 8.0.4 client connecting to DB version 8.1.7), but issues tend to arise when attempting higher client version vs. lower dB version.

Good luck!!
Michael