Re: Export, Nothing Happens

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:19:21 -0000

Hi wang - aren't GUI's wonderful! Unfortunately there are all sorts of things that could go wrong and OEM *may* not tell you what the problem is.

The OEM preferred credentials could be incorrectly set The database username/passowrd could be wrong The database user you are trying to export as doesn't have the necessary privileges.

If you try and *schedule* the job through OEM you should get detailed output which may help. Alternatively you could try ignoring OEM altogether and using the exp utility. This will give you exact error messages.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA