Re: using rman

From: Krzysztof Marciniak <kmarciniak_at_pwpw.pl>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:52:56 +0100

Uzytkownik "Detlef Jockheck" <djockheck_at_gauselmann.de> napisal w wiadomosci news:ov8eva.evd.ln_at_java.adp-entwicklung.gauselmann.de...
> Hi,
>
> I want to use rman (first time). Is there a short description available
> what I need to do to make a backup with rman?
>
> I've just tried a
> --- cut ---
> RMAN> run {backup database;}
>
> RMAN-03022: Befehl wird kompiliert: backup
> RMAN-03026: Fehlerbehebung bei Freigabe von Kanalressourcen
> RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
> RMAN-00571:

> RMAN-03002: failure during compilation of command
> RMAN-03013: command type: backup
> RMAN-06172: not connected to recovery catalog database
> --- cut ---
>
> How can I create a recovery catalog database? Is it created automatically?
> How can I connect to it?
>
> ciao
> Detlef
>
> --
> # Detlef Jockheck

Hi

The simpliest script may look like this:

#rman nocatalog

rman>connect target  'system/password_at_serveice_name'
rman>connect target  'system/password_at_service_name'
rman>run {
2>allocate channel d1 type disk;
3>backup database;

4>release channel d1;
5>}

Of course the database must be open in archivelog mode

Kris Received on Tue Jan 07 2003 - 04:52:56 CST